The IAEA will organize the following events in the margins of the 2015 Review Conference of the Parties to the Treaty on the Non‑Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) which will take place from 27 April to 22 May 2015 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York:
High level event on peaceful uses of nuclear technology: How the Atom Benefits Life
Monday, 27 April 2015, from 13:15 in the Trusteeship Council Chamber of the United Nations Headquarters. The IAEA Director General and high level governmental officials will attend the event.
- Opening Remarks:
- Yukiya Amano, Director General of the IAEA
- Taous Feroukhi, President of the 2015 NPT Review Conference
- Roman Tesfay, First Lady of Ethiopia
- Nasser Judeh, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Jordan
- Stephen G. Burns, Chairman of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Toshio Sano, Ambassador and Head of the delegation of Japan to the 2015 NPT Review Conference
- Rachmat Budiman, Ambassador and Resident Representative of Indonesia to the IAEA
Event on Nuclear Security
Wednesday, 29 April 2015, from 13:30 to 14:30 in the CR-D of the United Nations Headquarters.
Event on Nuclear Safety
Friday, 1 May 2015, from 13:30 to 14:30 in the CR-D of the United Nations Headquarters.
Event on Safeguards
Friday, 8 May 2015, from 13:30 to 14:30 in the ECOSOC Chamber of the United Nations Headquarters.
In addition to the above mentioned events, the IAEA will have an exhibition from 27 April to 22 May 2015 in the United Nations Headquarters.