IAEA Ministerial Conference on Nuclear Safety Ends Friday
A Ministerial Conference on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA headquarters in Vienna will end Friday, 24 June, with a final plenary session and a joint news conference featuring IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano and Conference President Amb. Antonio Guerreiro of Brazil.
The five-day conference has discussed issues related to improving nuclear safety around the world. Following the 11 March 2011 nuclear accident at TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station in Japan, caused by the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami, the IAEA has led efforts to learn lessons from the accident and to strengthen nuclear safety throughout the world.
The final plenary session will begin on 24 June at 10:00 CET in Hall D on the U2 level of the Austria Centre, located at Bruno-Kreisky-Platz, A-1220 Vienna. Journalists are invited to attend the session in Hall D or may watch a live video feed in the press rooms located in Room 441 and Hall P.
The joint news conference will be held in Hall P shortly after the end of the plenary session.
For statements, documents, and more information about the conference, please see the Conference Web Site.
- Audio: Split boxes will provide an audio feed in the plenary session and for the news conference.
- Video: Satellite trucks may park in the designated area on the plaza in front of the main entrance to the Austria Center. Power is available, but about 100 meters of cabling will be required if broadcasters wish to connect to the Room P press room on the U2 level.
The Press briefing will be available via audio streaming.
The audio stream is not an interactive channel. Its purpose is to provide the media with an opportunity to listen to the press conference. It cannot be delivered in broadcast quality.
Journalists with permanent accreditation to the VIC need no further credentials. We encourage those journalists who do not yet have permanent accreditation, to request it at UNIS Vienna.
Broadcaster Materials Available:
The IAEA Division of Public Information has produced the following materials from this week's conference:
- Advance interview with the President of the Conference: Video.
- Recording of Director General's opening statement: Video | Audio.
- Recording of the Director General's press conference on Day 1: Audio.
- Recording of President of the conference's press briefing on Day 1: Video | Audio.
- Recording of Q and A with the Fact-Finding Mission team leader: Video.
- B-roll from Fukushima Daiichi, shot in May 2011.
- Photos from Fukushima Daiichi, shot in May 2011.
- B-roll, Q and A from J-Village, Japan, shot in May 2011.
IAEA Press Office
Office of Public Information and Communication
Send an email