United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) works to combat desertification and mitigate the effects of drought through national action programs that incorporate long-term strategies supported through international cooperation and partnerships.
Cooperation with UNCCD aims to enhance Member State capacities to meet their obligations under the Desertification Convention through:
• Sustainable land management.
• Training and capacity building.
• Technical support and research activities.
• Scientific input to policy documents.
Resources and articles
• IAEA and UNCCD Join Forces to Strengthen Good Soil Management Practices in Dryland Areas. Read more
• IAEA and UNCCD join forces to strengthen good soil management practices in dryland areas. UNCCD press release
• Unusual and effective: nuclear technology to combat land degradation
• IAEA and the UNCCD sign Practical Arrangement to cooperate on the use of nuclear technologies in efforts to combat DLDD.
• IAEA and UNCCD sign Practical Arrangement to strengthen partnership in soil management
• IAEA to participate at the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification 11th Conference of the Parties
• IAEA helps to preserve healthy soils through technical cooperation
• UNCCD COP 11: Report of the Conference of the Parties on its eleventh session, held in Windhoek from 16 to 27 September 2013