NUCLEAR ENERGY MANAGEMENT SCHOOL
Safe and efficient generation of electricity and other energy services, diversity of nuclear applications point to the need for an expanded global cadre of nuclear professionals.
Participants of each IAEA NEM School interact and learn from some of the best specialists in the global nuclear industry and from the IAEA.
The IAEA NEM School is offered in several programme and curriculum formats that can be tailored to specific needs on request and can be conducted in three different formats, based on a member state’s particular needs:
- Three week programme - This format of the IAEA Nuclear Energy Management School is well suited for young professionals working in nuclear organizations who show some managerial interest and potential.
- Two week programme – This format of the IAEA Nuclear Energy Management School is well suited for first level or middle level managers in nuclear facilities or organizations. It will provide them with essential knowledge to better understand their role in the broader organizational and industry context and prepare them to work at a higher level in their organizations. A broad overview of nuclear energy challenges and policy issues is provided, with an emphasis being placed on facility management perspectives, and participant experience sharing, case study team work.
- One week programme – This format of the IAEA Nuclear Energy Management School is a short and condensed version of the School and puts stronger emphasis on strategic and policy issues which need to be understood by those in key leadership roles in nuclear organizations. It also emphasizes issues at the national and international level in the nuclear context and provides a broad overview of important nuclear issues and policy. This curriculum is well suited for nuclear organization leaders, newly appointed senior managers, managers who may be new to nuclear organizations, or senior nuclear government policy makers and decision makers.
Three reasons for attending this school:
- the school curriculum covers the most important topics related to the nuclear energy sector.
- the faculty of internationally recognized experts is unrivalled in the nuclear world. You are guaranteed to be learning from some of the finest minds in the field.
- it is a unique opportunity to broaden your horizons and meet people interested in nuclear energy from all over the world.
|Year||Title (Link to the materials)||Date||Venue|
|2015||Nuclear Energy Management School in Japan||1 - 17 Jun.||Japan|
|2014||Joint IAEA/ICTP School on Nuclear Energy Management||17 - 28 Nov.||Trieste, Italy|
|2014||Nuclear Energy Management School in Japan||9 - 26 Jun.||Japan|
|2013||Joint ICTP-IAEA School of Nuclear Energy Management||15 Jul. - 2 Aug||Trieste, Italy|
|2013||Joint Japan - IAEA School of Nuclear Energy Management||27 May - 10 June||Japan|
|2013||School of Nuclear Energy Management in Texas||18 Mar. - 5 Apr||Texas, USA|
|2012||Joint ICTP-IAEA School of Nuclear Energy Management||5 - 23 November||Trieste, Italy|
|2012||Joint Japan-IAEA School of Nuclear Energy Management||11 - 19 June||Japan|
|2012||School of Nuclear Energy Management in UAE||8 - 19 January||UAE|
|2011||Joint ICTP-IAEA School of Nuclear Energy Management||8 - 26 August||Trieste, Italy|
|2010||Joint ICTP-IAEA School of Nuclear Energy Management||8 - 26 November||Trieste, Italy|
Applications for the Joint ICTP-IAEA School of Nuclear Energy Management must be submitted online. Please see flyer on the right side bar.