On 8 and 9 February 2014, the Agency and the Islamic Republic of Iran (Iran) held constructive technical meetings within the Framework for Cooperation that was agreed between the parties last November.
During the meetings, the two sides reviewed progress on the implementation of the six initial practical measures that were agreed three months ago. Iran has taken the initial practical measures that were foreseen.
Iran and the Agency reached agreement on seven practical measures to be implemented by Iran by 15 May 2014.
The agreed measures are:
- Providing mutually agreed relevant information and managed access to the Saghand mine in Yazd;
- Providing mutually agreed relevant information and managed access to the Ardakan concentration plant;
- Submission of an updated Design Information Questionnaire (DIQ) for the IR-40 Reactor;
- Taking steps to agree with the Agency on the conclusion of a Safeguards Approach for the IR-40 Reactor;
- Providing mutually agreed relevant information and arranging for a technical visit to Lashkar Ab'ad Laser Centre;
- Providing information on source material, which has not reached the composition and purity suitable for fuel fabrication or for being isotopically enriched, including imports of such material and on Iran's extraction of uranium from phosphates; and
- Providing information and explanations for the Agency to assess Iran's stated need or application for the development of Exploding Bridge Wire detonators.