INIS recognizes the benefits of collaboration and co-operation with international partners in the information industry, to
- fulfilll the need for timely exchange of global information,
- broaden information resources and
- encourage the developments in information processing and standardization.
Two major international partners for INIS are
- the Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), a specialised agency within the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development(OECD), and
- the International Energy Agency's (IEA), Energy Technology Data Exchange (ETDE).
New partnership with other organizations in Member States are also being developed.
As a part of the co-operative arrangement between the IAEA and OECD/NEA, the NEA provides its Computer Program Services to IAEA Member States that are not OECD Members. The liaison function between OECD/NEA, IAEA and Member States is vested in the INIS Secretariat. More information regarding OECD/NEA is available here.
Energy Technology Data Exchange (ETDE)
A major international partner for INIS in the areas of data processing standards and authorities is the International Energy Agency's (IEA) Energy Technology Data Exchange (ETDE), an international information system focusing on all aspects of energy.