Waste Technology Section
International Decommissioning Network (IDN)
Research Reactor Decommissioning Databank
This databank presents a worldwide listing of research reactors, providing general information on the planning and management of their decommissioning and including more detailed data from those projects where available. Data are provided relating to: cost, staff requirements, inventory activity, waste activity, waste volumes and collective exposures. Information on start and end dates of decommissioning projects (active phases and authorized release of the site, either restricted or unrestricted) is also presented.
The data is presented in several tables and figures:
- Main data (spreadsheet).
- Summary status of research reactors (table 1).
- Research reactor types worldwide (table 2).
- Staff requirements for research reactor decommissioning (figure 1).
- Collective exposures during research reactor decommissioning (figure 2).
- Radionuclide inventories in research reactor decommissioning (figure 3).
- Waste activities from research reactor decommissioning (figure 4).
- Waste volumes from research reactor decommissioning (figure 5).
- Reasons for shutting down research reactors (figure 6).
- List of References.
Important NoteThe data in this databank has been compiled from a variety of sources and all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure its veracity, but it has not been verified by representatives of the facilities mentioned, nor by Member State representatives. In the event of any inaccuracies in the data, please contact Patrick O'Sullivan or Vladimir Michal.