Connecting the Network of Networks for Enhanced Communication and Training
CONNECT is a password protected, members only, web-based collaboration platform hosted by the IAEA on behalf of its Member States that provides a gateway for interconnecting existing and planned IAEA networks, increasing the participation of individuals and organizations involved in them, and making available additional sources of information that complement existing training workshops and meetings.
Amongst the features provided by CONNECT you will find:
- Discussion forums on both common and special topics;
- Expert search function; find the person who can help you with your problems;
- Library of documents, presentations, videos, software tools, glossaries, and other resources;
- E-Learning: nuclear education and training, on demand video, and archived presentations and seminars;
- Resources, including calendar of meetings and events, training courses, webinars, and online meeting workspaces.
The IAEA CONNECT platform can be accessed on this website: http://nucleus.iaea.org/sites/CONNECT
Please note that to access the platform you need to be registered to NUCLEUS.
- As you need to be register to NUCLEUS to access the IAEA CONNECT platform, please go to nucleus.iaea.org and click "Register" to create an account (button found on the page's top right corner, above the search tool box). If you are already registered, please skip to step 3.
- Once your registration has been activated (please follow the NUCLEUS instructions), go to connect.iaea.org and "Sign in" (button found on the page's top right corner).
- On the CONNECT main page (url link above), select one or more networks to enrol. Click on "Learn More / Join (network acronym)" link —under each network icon—for information on that specific network.
Each network page will have a link at the bottom providing the opportunity to join it. When you click it an "Access Request" form will appear.
- Fill out the form and submit.
- Upon submission, the designated Technical Officer of the network of your choosing will consider your request for membership to access the community. You will be notified by email once that happens.
Also, you will not be sent an additional password for the IAEA CONNECT platform. Next time you access CONNECT you will only need the NUCLEUS log in information. The CONNECT platform will automatically recognize if your account has been granted access to a network and will allow you to enter.