Internet Corner, Conference PC and Wi-Fi Services Usage Policy and Disclaimer
By using the IAEA's public access computers in the Internet Corner, Conference Room PCs and Wi-Fi services on the premises of the IAEA (hereinafter referred to as the "Services"), the user agrees to not:
- Deliberately visit, view or download any material from any website containing pornographic, abusive, racist, violent or illegal material or material which is offensive in any way whatsoever. The IAEA's decision as to which websites fall into these categories is final.
- Download any images, text, sound or other material that is in breach of copyright. The IAEA accepts no responsibility for any breaches that may occur.
- Upload or make available to others any material that is offensive, obscene, indecent, or which infringes the copyright of another person (e.g. images, MP3 and other audio and video files).
- Use the Services for any espionage, illegal activity or gambling.
- Use the Services to harass, cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to others. Examples include abusive or offensive emails, spamming, distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, pinging, flooding, or denial of service attacks.
- Access, or attempt to gain access to computer systems, data or resources to which the user is not authorised, such as connecting to another user's resources. By using the Services, you agree to respect the Privacy of others.
- Access network services in such a way as to deny reasonable access to the network for other users, for example, by excessive use of network bandwidth. This could include the use of FTP servers, file-sharing software and video streaming.
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to restricted part of the IAEA's network, or attempt to undermine the integrity or security of any of the IAEA's computer systems or networks. The user is responsible for any damage caused to the Services and computer equipment arising out of any wilful act or negligence.
Breach of the above will lead to users being banned from the Services and may result in the initiation of legal proceedings against the user.
Indemnity. Under no circumstances shall the IAEA, its officials, agents, employees or contractors, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that result in any way from the user's use of or inability to use the Services or to access the Internet or any part thereof, or user's reliance on or use of information, services or merchandise provided on or through the Services, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission, or any failure of performance. By using the Services, the user agrees to indemnify, hold and save harmless and defend, at his/her own expense, the IAEA, its officials, agents and employees from any and all suits, claims, demands and liability of any nature or kind, including their costs and expenses, arising from such use. The IAEA is not responsible for loss of any data due to service interruptions, technical reasons or negligence on part of the user or for any commercial transactions undertaken by a user while using the Services.
Service provided "as is". The Services are provided on an "as is" basis with all risks inherent in such access. The providers of the Services make no warranty that the Services or that any information, software, or other material accessible on the Services is free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful components. By using the Services, the user acknowledges and accepts the risks associated with public access to the Internet and public use of an unsecured wireless network.
Service provided "as available". The Services are provided on an "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, that the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free, including but not limited to vagaries of weather, disruption of service, acts of God, warranties of title, non-infringement, nor implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No advice or information given by the providers, affiliates, or contractors of the Services or their respective employees shall create such a warranty.
Nothing set forth above shall be construed as a waiver of the privileges and immunities accorded to the IAEA by its Member States.
The IAEA reserves the right to update or modify the above terms at any time without prior notice. The use of the Services following any such update or modification constitutes the user's agreement to follow and be bound by these terms as modified. For this reason, we encourage users to review these terms whenever using the Services.