|Ambassador Mattern Lumbanga, Resident Representative of Tanzania to the IAEA and Mr Kwaku Aning, IAEA Deputy Director General and Head of the Department of Technical Cooperation, have signed Tanzania ’s Country Programme Framework (CPF) for the period of 2012 – 2017 on 22 September 2011.
A Country Programme Framework (CPF) is the frame of reference planning of technical cooperation between a for the medium-term Member State and the IAEA and identifies priority areas where the transfer of nuclear technology and technical cooperation resources will directed to support national development goals.
Tanzania has been an IAEA Member State since 1980. The country’s second CPF for the period of 2012 – 2017 identifies the following priority areas:
2. Human Health
3. Water Resource Management
4. Sustainable Energy Development
5. Industrial Applications
6. Strengthening Regulatory Framework and Radiation Protection
7. Environmental Protection and Climate Change Management
8. Information and Communication Technology
9. Instrumentation, repair and maintenance of equipment.
Responsible/Contact: Department of Technical Cooperation | Last update: 13 Feb, 2013