|H.E. Mr. LE Dinh Tien, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Science and Technology of Vietnam and head of the delegation, and Kwaku Aning, IAEA Deputy Director General and Head of the Department of Technical Cooperation, have signed Vietnam’s Country Programme Framework (CPF) for the period of 2010 - 2015 on 22 February 2011. A Country Programme Framework (CPF) is the frame of reference for the medium-term planning of technical cooperation between a Member State and the IAEA and identifies priority areas where the transfer of nuclear technology and technical cooperation resources will be directed to support national development goals.
|Vietnam has been an IAEA Member State since 1959. Its 2010-2015 CPF identifies seven priority areas:
1. Building Nuclear Power Infrastructure - nuclear safety and security, safeguards, capacity development within Technical and Scientific Support Organizations (TSO), and human resource development.
2. Radiation Safety and Radioactive Waste Management
3. Industrial Applications and Radioisotope Technology
4. Human Health
5. Agriculture and Food Security
6. Environmental Protection
7. Uranium Resources Exploration and Mining
Responsible/Contact: Department of Technical Cooperation | Last update: 10 Apr, 2015