Waste Technology Section
IAEA Radioactive Waste Management Networks
- To coordinate support to organizations or Member States with less advanced programmes, by making available the relevant skills, knowledge, managerial approaches and expertise from Member States with operational experience in the field of interest;
- To organise training and demonstration activities with a regional or thematic focus providing hands-on, user-oriented experience and disseminating proven technologies;
- To facilitate sharing and exchange of knowledge and experience amongst organizations with advanced programmes, formulation and spreading of proven practices, identifying and treating improper past practices and assuring the long term knowledge management;
- To create a forum in which expert advice and technical guidance may be provided on the Agency's programme in particular areas; and
- To provide feedback to the Agency on the implementation of these programmes.