Waste Technology Section
International Decommissioning Network (IDN)
Group Scientific Visit on large component strategic management and size reduction, Chooz, France - 21—25 March 2011
The primary objective of this visit was to provide participants with an understanding of the time, resources, preparatory steps, and waste handling and processing issues associated with handling and long-term management of disused large components.
Topics discussed include:
(1) Soulaines/Morvilliers waste disposal facilities: planning and operation of waste disposal from decommissioning of NPPs, including waste package receipt, handling and emplacement, licensing and stakeholder involvement aspects.
(2) Chooz A NPP: removal and handling of a large component, chemical and mechanical decontamination, characterization, segmentation activities, waste processing, storage and preparation for disposal.
- Decommissioning of EDF Nuclear Power Plants (S. Lelong)
- Chooz A dismantling project
- French regulatory procedures for decommissioning
- Large components decontamination
- Waste packages acceptance
Group Scientific Visit to Chooz, France