ITU, Istanbul, Turkey
Technical Meeting on Engineering Responsibility and the Design Authority Concept for the Review of New Nuclear Power Plant Designs
The purpose of this meeting is to:
- Share international experience and exchange views related to best practices in defining and establishing a ‘design authority’ as a competent interpreter of the technology underlying an NPP, and also as a custodian of the licensing envelope and of plant configuration, with an emphasis on new builds;
- Emphasize the key roles and responsibilities of internal and external engineering support; and
- Strengthen the international networking of specialists from the field of design engineering.
The main topics to be covered during the meeting include:
- Definition and functions of the design authority
- Relations and interfaces among responsible designers and the design authority
- Engineering roles and responsibilities in the design and operation of NPPs
- Organization of engineering functions in support of the design and operation of NPPs
- Engineering and research infrastructure to support the design and operation of NPPs
Please contact NENP Engineering Section - Contact Point if you have any questions.