Nuclear Power Engineering
IAEA, Vienna, Austria
Technical Meeting on Technical Support Organization (TSO) role and responsibilities
The objectives of this meeting is to establish a common understanding of the role and responsibilities of TSOs, including their organization and interfaces, in strengthening the design and performance decision making capabilities of owners/operators of NPPs. Specifically, the meeting aims to:
- Emphasize the key responsibilities of TSOs (internal and external);
- Clarify the organizational structures and core activities of TSOs for an NPP;
- Describe essential TSO activities at different stages of the lifetime of an NPP;
- Determine the drivers of quality control and assurance in TSO services and interfaces, and associated oversight functions;
- Define the need for a "design authority" as a competent interpreter of the technology and as a guardian of the licensing envelope and of plant configuration; and
- Explore recommendations on the role of NPP managers in interfacing with the TSOs, and in assessing their performance.
This page contains the most up-to-date information and materials regarding the event. Please visit this page regularly, as new and revised materials will be uploaded here as they become available.
More photos available in the Photo Gallery
Vienna Information on www.wien.info
Please contact NENP Engineering Section - Contact Point if you have any questions.