INPRO is collaborating with other international initiatives in its area of expertise to ensure good synergy and avoid duplication of efforts, including:
Recognizing the complementary nature of their organizations, and the potential for creating synergies in nuclear technology development, INPRO and GIF hold regular coordination meetings. INPRO experts are represented at the GIF Policy Group and GIF Working Groups on Risk and Safety, Proliferation Resistance and Physical Protection, and Evaluation Modelling.
Key meetings held in cooperation with GIF:
- 6th GIF/INPRO Interface Meeting, IAEA, 6-7 March 2012
- 5th GIF/INPRO Interface Meeting, IAEA, 3-4 March 2011
- 4th GIF/INPRO Interface Meeting, IAEA, 1-3 March 2010
- 3rd GIF/INPRO Interface Meeting, IAEA, December 2008
- 2nd GIF/INPRO Interface Meeting, IAEA, September 2005
- 1st GIF/INPRO Interface Meeting, Paris, December 2003
- 7th GIF/INPRO Interface Meeting, IAEA, 28 Feb−1 March 2013
- IAEA/GIF 2nd Workshop on Safety Aspects of Sodium-Cooled Fast Reactors,
IAEA, 30 November - 1 December 2011
- IAEA/GIF Workshop on Operational and Safety Aspects of Sodium-Cooled Fast Reactors,
IAEA, 23-25 June 2010
Similar to INPRO, this platform seeks to formulate long term visions for nuclear development and their translation into R&D programmes for innovative nuclear reactors. Working contacts between SNETP and INPRO have been established to ensure sharing information and coordination of activities.