Chronology of Key Dates and Events
As the IAEA approached its 50th anniversary in 2007, new challenges and opportunities confronted the world's nuclear development. The Agency is moving to meet and respond to them, as it has throughout its nearly five decades of international service.
A number of chronologies have been compiled to highlight key dates and developments along the path of nuclear development and the IAEA's evolution. They include a chronology covering the period 1945 to 1997, and more recent timelines highlighting the developments related to the IAEA's work on key verification issues.
- Key Dates and Historical Developments: IAEA Turns 40, by IAEA Division of Public Information (Supplement to IAEA Bulletin, September 1997)
- The IAEA in Iraq, 1991 to 2002, by IAEA's Iraq Nuclear Verification Office (INVO)
- IAEA and Iraq - Last round of nuclear inspections, by IAEA Division of Public Information
- IAEA and Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), highlights of key events from 2002, by IAEA Division of Public Information
- IAEA and Iran, highlights from September 2002, by the IAEA Division of Public Information
- IAEA and Syria, highlights from October 2007, by the IAEA Division of Public Information
For other events and developments regarding the IAEA's work, see Topics in Focus.