IAEA By Numbers
162 Member States
2 474 professional and support staff
€327 million total regular budget
56 years of international service by 2013
At a Glance...
The information below is from the latest IAEA Annual Report.
- 162 Member States.
- 77 intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations worldwide invited to observe the Agency's General Conference.
- 56 years of international service by 2013.
- 2 474 professional and support staff.
- €327 million total regular budget for 2012, supplemented by extrabudgetary expenditures in 2012 totalling €82.8 million (including open purchase orders from previous years).
- €62.3 million target in 2012 for voluntary contributions to the Agency's Technical Cooperation Fund, supporting projects involving 3 250 expert and lecturer assignments, 4 880 national experts, meeting participants and other project personnel, 3 117 participants in training courses and 1 675 fellows and scientific visitors.
- 2 liaison offices (in New York and Geneva) and 2 safeguards regional offices (in Tokyo and Toronto).
- 2 international laboratories (Seibersorf and Monaco) and research centres.
- 114 active Coordinated Research Projects (CRPs) involving 1 547 approved research, technical and doctoral contracts and research agreements.
- 179 States in which safeguards agreements were being implemented, involving 1 965 safeguards inspections performed in 2012. Safeguards expenditures in 2012 amounted to €121.2 million in regular budget and €25.5 million in extrabudgetary resources.
- 20 national safeguards support programmes and 1 multinational support programme (European Commission).
- 2.7 million people read more than 17 million pages on the Agency's IAEA.org website, and viewed stories on the Agency's Facebook site over 12.7 million times.
- 3.5 million records in the International Nuclear Information System (INIS), the Agency's largest database.
- 211 publications, brochures, leaflets, newsletters and other promotional material issued in 2012 (in print and electronic formats).