IAEA By Numbers
162 Member States
2 557 professional and support staff
€330 million total regular budget
57 years of international service by 2014
At a Glance...
The information below is from the latest IAEA Annual Report.
- 162 Member States.
- 77 intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations worldwide invited to observe the Agency's General Conference.
- 57 years of international service by 2014.
- 2 556 professional and support staff.
- €330 million total regular budget for 2013, supplemented by extrabudgetary expenditures in 2013 totalling €62.7 million.
- €71.4 million target in 2013 for voluntary contributions to the Agency's Technical Cooperation Fund, supporting projects involving 3 509 expert and lecturer assignments, 5 331 meeting participants and other project personnel, 3 041 in training courses and 2 005 fellows and scientific visitors.
- 2 liaison offices (in New York and Geneva) and 2 safeguards regional offices (in Tokyo and Toronto).
- 12 international laboratories (Vienna, Seibersorf and Monaco) and research centres.
- 104 active Coordinated Research Projects (CRPs) involving 1 563 approved research, technical and doctoral contracts and research agreements.
- 180 States in which safeguards agreements were being implemented, involving 1 971 safeguards inspections performed in 2013. Safeguards expenditures in 2013 amounted to €122.5 million in regular budget and €14.5 million in extrabudgetary resources.
- 20 national safeguards support programmes and 1 multinational support programme (European Commission).
- 3.6 million people read more than 11.9 million pages on the Agency's IAEA.org website, and 120 000 subscribers to the Agency's social media channels on Facebook and Twitter.
- 3.6 million records in the International Nuclear Information System (INIS), the Agency's largest database.
- 202 publications, including newsletters and other promotional material issued in 2013 (in print and electronic formats).