Radioactive Waste: Meeting the Challenge - Science and Technology for Safe and Sustainable Solutions
23-24 September 2014
The Scientific Forum is taking place 23-24 September 2014 in Board Room D, C-Building, 4th Floor, in the Vienna Internatonal Centre (VIC), the site of the General Conference, and will focus on radioactive waste and the science and technology available for its safe management. The Forum is being held in conjunction with the General Conference.
More information will be added over the coming weeks as it becomes available.
- Scientific Forum Programme: Find more information about the programme and venue here.
- In Focus: Radioactive Waste Management
- IAEA Bulletin: Radioactive Waste: Meeting the Challenge
This edition of the IAEA Bulletin is intended to give readers a clear understanding of the different types of radioactive waste and the measures needed to ensure its safe management and disposal, as well as the role of the IAEA in supporting Member States. More →
- Photo Essay: Conditioning of Radioactive Sources in Montenegro - IAEA Mission in June 2014, 9 September 2014
- Video: Conditioning of Radioactive Sources in Montenegro - Interview with Janos Balla, 9 September 2014
- Safe and Sustainable Radioactive Waste Management, 5 September 2014
- Podcast: Conditioning Disused Radioactive Sources, 5 September 2014
- IAEA Director General Talks to NEFW Newsletter on Radioactive Waste Management, 15 April 2014
Live Video Streaming of Scientific Forum
Sessions of the Scientific Forum will be live-streamed during the Forum on 23 and 24 September 2013.