International Atomic Energy Agency
(Unofficial electronic version)
29 September 1999
Forty-third regular session
Agenda item 8
ELECTION OF MEMBERS TO THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Memorandum by the President
- Rule 83 of the Rules of Procedure of the General Conference1/ provides that before the Conference at each regular session proceeds to elections to the Board of Governors, the presiding officer shall indicate to it those elective palces on the Board which must be filled so as to ensure that after the end of the session the Board will be constituted in accordance with Articla VI.A. of the Statute
- The President accordingly informs the Conference that at the current session it will be called upon to elect 11 members to the Board2/ as follows:
- Two members from Latin America;
- Two members from Western Europe;
- Two members from Eastern Europe;
- Two members from Africa;
- One member from the Middle East and South Asia;
- One member from the Far East;
- One member from the Middle East and South Asia; or South East Asia and the Pacific; or the Far East (the so-called "floating seat").
- The attention of delegates is drawn to the 24 Member States listed below, which will serve as members of the Board until the end of the forty-fourth session (2000), as a result either of their previous election by the General Conference in 19983/ or their designation by the Board of Governors in June 19994/.
||United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
||United States of America
2/ To replace Ghana, Hungary, Italy, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Slovenia, Sweden and Viet Nam (see document GC(41)/RES/DEC/(1997), decision number GC(41)/DEC/9).
3/ GC(42)/RES/DEC/(1998),decision number GC(42)/DEC/9.
Back to listing of GC documents