International Atomic Energy Agency
(Unofficial electronic version)
18 June 1999
Forty-third regular session
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP OF THE AGENCY
- Application by Honduras -
Recommendation by the Board of Governors
- On 3 February 1999 the following letter from the Vice-Minister for the Environment at the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment of Honduras was communicated to the Board:
"In the name of the Government of Honduras I have the honour to submit an application for membership of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
I wish to assure you, in the name of my Government, that Honduras is willing to carry out the obligations of membership of the Agency and to act in accordance with purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations."
- On 22 March 1999 the Board considered this application for membership of the Agency in the light of Article IV.B of the Statute, and determined that Honduras was able and willing to carry out the obligations of membership of the Agency and to act in accordance with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. The Board recommends the Conference to approve Honduras for membership of the Agency, and submits the draft resolution overleaf for the consideration of the Conference.
APPLICATION BY HONDURAS FOR MEMBERSHIP OF THE AGENCY
The General Conference,
- Having received the recommendation of the Board of Governors that Honduras should be approved for membership of the Agency,* and
- Having considered the application of Honduras for membership in the light of Article IV.B of the Statute,
- Approves Honduras for membership of the Agency; and
- Determines, pursuant to Financial Regulation 5.09**, that in the event of Honduras becoming a Member of the Agency during the remainder of 1999 or in 2000, it shall be assessed as appropriate:
- For an advance or advances to the Working Capital Fund, in accordance with Financial Regulation 7.04**; and
- For a contribution or contributions towards the Agency's Regular Budget, in accordance with the principles and arrangements the Conference has established for the assessment of Members for such contributions***.
* GC(43)/2, para 2.
*** Resolutions GC(III)RES/50, GC(XXI)RES/351, and GC(39)RES/11.
Back to listing of GC documents